Friday, December 4, 2009

Ballet and tap?

im 14 and i did ballet tap and modern when i was 4 but i quit for swimming but i have also been doing gymnastics since i was 1. i really want to take up ballet again but i feel as though..im too old to pick it up again and would i be put with little kids? I also thought about taking up tap also would i be good enough. . i can do a simple routine and wings?!



thanks! please answer my questions! ^^^



cheers!



xx



Ballet and tap?headache



Hi, at 14, i was put into a class with little ones doing preliminary and in a class of those doing grade one and two. (tuesday was preliminary and grade two and thursdays was grade one) i didnt take part in any grade exams and was very quickly ( two-three months) moved out of the baby class. Then after 6 months i was taken out of the grade one class and just took part in grade two. The other girls did the exam and i was then 'officially' doing grade three, with girls aged 12-16 (this was then when i was 15) i completed that exam last november and i am now on grade four. You have just got to trust me when i say that it is worth it going through all the grades even if it is just within the space of a year. I dont think i would be doing as well as i am now without doing it. You will feel a little embarassed IF you are put in a class of little ones but after a few weeks they all sort of look up to you and follow your lead on the bar and stuff which i cute. Also having done gymnastics you wont be hanging in lower grades for long, as you will already have stamina, flexibility and coordination. I also do tap (modern too) and it is great fun and a good contrast to ballet and taking the two together would be good. Sorry it is a lot of info lol, but i hope this helps you. I say go for it :D



Ballet and tap?paramount theater opera theater



If u try really hard u would soon move out of the little kids classes. Especially with a gymnastics and swimming background, you already have strength and flexibility and endurance that will get u really far. All u have to work on is ur technique. Trust me ur not too old. As for tap, its fun and the basics r fairly easy to pick up! Good luck!!
No one is ever too old to learn something new. While the basic classes may have younger students than yourself, you on the other hand, while doing your part, will most likely be looked up to, as a leader. If dance, tap or ballet is your interest, then reward your self. Take the classes, and practice what you've learned. The results in later life, will provide you with good memories, good physical training, and you will treasure the arts you've allowed yourself to take part in. Not everyone will grow up to be a prima ballerina, but having been part of that world as a young person, will give you better insite as how to be a more mature adult.
Your not too old I started doing professional Ballet when I was 16. I would defo recommend you start again. Youll be ok youve done it before so you'll have the technique.
i wouldnt be to worried about bein to old to start ballet again



i started when i was 16 and have carryed on the past 2 years i was put in wit younger people and i am still the oldest in my ballet and pointe class i wouldnt worry about it



if u enjoy it go for it



and wit your flexibility they will all look up to u !
I know where I go they offer Teen Beginning and Intermediate classes for people just like you. It sounds like you might be able to do an intermediate tap class. Find a local studio and talk to them about your options. I VERY highly doubt you would be put in a classs with little kids, since they are slow to pick up choreaography., and their beginning level is too beginner for a 14 year old.
I wouldn't say you're too old at all. I was 16 when I started. ;) I was put with 10-13 year olds. Which I kind of liked because they were not so young that I felt stupid, but not so old that I was intimidated. If you work hard you'll move up. It took me 2 months to catch up. I worked (and still do) seriously hard, though. So, if you wanna be good, work hard and just do it! :)
if youpick up dance routines quikly then you wont have nay problems i dont think, i do ballet, tap and mordern,to =]

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin lightening