Thursday, December 10, 2009

Quit gymnastics to start ballet?

I'm 14 and i have done gymnastics for about 7 years . I've only done gymnastics at a recreational level but I'm still pretty good and very flexible I'm thinking of quiting gymnastics and trying ballet. Will i be put in a class with babies if i don't take adult courses? Will it be hard to do the ballet moves when I'm so use to gymnastics? Which is harder ballet or gymnastics and should i really quit gymnastics or try ballet. Sorry for all the questions.



Quit gymnastics to start ballet?hollywood theater



Contact all the ballet studios in your area and discuss your situation with the director. How they handle your situation could be different for each studio. But if the studio with the best reputation for training dancers says that they will start you off with the 6 year olds, don't immediately write it off. When a gymnast your age started at my daughter's studio, the director had her take several levels of ballet at once and she was able to drop the 6 year old class very quickly; in a matter of weeks. By the end of one year, she was dancing with people her age.



Ballet is only hard at first because you are literally learning a new language. But the moves, themselves, won't be hard for you. You just need to get up to speed with the terminology and matching it with the right moves. Until you do that, you'd be lost in a higher level class.



Go for it!



Quit gymnastics to start ballet?opera.com opera theater



Those are great questions. I would think that having all your training in gymnastics will make you very flexible for ballet, which is great. You will need to ask the studio where you would take the classes about your question regarding placing you with the babies. Your gymnastics moves are actually ballet moves...the floor movements, the balance beam, etc. If you don't wish to jump upside down anymore then try ballet. If you don't like it, you can go back to gymnastics. Give it a try, I love the emotion and expression ballet has to offer. Good luck sweetheart! =0
I think that you should do ballet and gymnastics.



If you're not able to do that, try something new and do ballet.



I'm 13 and I've just started jazz, which is similar to ballet and you won't be in a class with babies. Just sign up for a beginners class with your age. I'm in a beginners class for 11 years old and up. I have no idea whether ballet or gymnastics is harder, but I think that ballet will be a little easier that it would usually be because you're already really flexible. I'm not flexible at all.



Hope I've helped!! : )
i think it will be good for u to try something else but i think that you will de very well in ballet...its hard but very rewarding!!!!!!
If you're interested in it go for it! You won't know until you try and being a gymnast you're already way ahead in the flexibiity and movement department.



I'd expect it will be different as you'll be moving in a different way just like someone above said it's like a different language. there will be similarities and you just have to get used to it. There is also the story telling and emotion part of it...i think ballet is more of an art form compared to gymnastics which i'd consider more of a sport (not to say that ballet isn't a sport and gymnastics isn't an art form...just to different degrees)



My ballet teacher used to scare the beejeesus out of me. And that sorta killed my love for dance, didn't help that i kinda sucked either but hey i never wanted to become a professional dancer, i just liked dancing. And i've always regretted giving up ballet when i did.
i was a gymnast for years before i danced, and i found that all my training really helped me in the studio. there will be some mooves you haven't done, but you've already developed flexibility, poise, strength, acarriage as a gymnast. see if you can try a dance class before you make any major decisions! i always felt more challanged, and therefor more accomplished, as a gymnast, but both are excellent exercise and wonderful activities to pursue. they play off of each other very well!
Well, first of all you have to check out your local dance studio, to be sure they have a beginner class for teenagers. Most studios does, but make sure.



Of course it takes time to learn all of the ballet moves, but I think that it will only help you that you are already physically fit and flexible.



I would say that ballet is harder. I once took gymnastic classes, and it was very fun, but then I quited to do ballet!And I would say that ballet is a bit more difficult, but even more funny! Now, I don't know you, and you may not feel like this, but personally i think ballet is more challenging and more funny. But, it's a question about taste. Do what you feel like, just remember: Sometimes it can be great to try something new! :)



Good luck, what ever you decision is going to be! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin lightening