Thursday, December 10, 2009

Ballet music?

I'm going to be teaching a ballet class and I need to find some music but I hate the boring classical stuff. Does anyone know of any music that can be used for a beg. ballet class that won't bore my kids and myself to tears?



Ballet music?met opera



I've used soundtracks from various movies that most of the kids will recognize. Such as the soundtrack for Narnia or Harry Potter. They offer a classical sound for ballett but I agree, it isn't the same boring classical music I grew up learning to.



Ballet music?movie theatre opera theater



I agree with the person above me. Anything that the kids would enjoy is good. Something from Disney like the Tale As Old As Time song, or something similar is slow for ballet, but not that boring!
theres this really nice song, i forget what it is called. i think its something along the lines of fairy dance and its from peter pan
Basically you can use any type of music at all for ballet, if your teaching i would recommend something upbeat but quite slow for example i am using The Corrs - leave me breathless for a dance competition, and that works for ballet. Just find a song that you think they would like and go for it.
If you are just talking about stretch and class music, my teacher likes to play pop-ish songs. (I am not good with music genres.) She will play songs like umbrella and bubbly, etc. They're fun to dance to because we know them, and they give you a variety of fast and slow tempos. =]



As for show music, she tends to like music that you can find in Disney movies such as Fantasia because again, they offer a variety of tempos.
depends on the age



i love the titanic music - thats what im doing and im 14 :))
i think you should use normal classical music.



thats what ballet is suppossed to be.



once i took a ballet class with a teacher who didnt care what you wore and always played pop and rap songs.



i hated it and couldnt wait until the camp was over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin lightening