Friday, December 4, 2009

Ballet help...exercises?

Can anyone give me some good ballet exercises, stretches, or moves to practice before I start my first ballet lessons this fall? I'm 15...please help!



Ballet help...exercises?ballet theater



You shouldn't do that kind of exercises without supervision, you can get hurt or you can get used to doing them wrong and compromise your learning.



My best advice is to walk, really walk a lot (strong legs are VERY important in ballet), get used to sitting up straight and become conscious of your posture. Wait for the lessons to learn specific exercises.



Ballet help...exercises?chicago theater opera theater



follow Patricia words
Dance stretches are very general so modern ballet lyrical jazz hip-hop stretches are all pretty much the same. Follow this link and learn new stretches to prepare you for your class!



http://www.expertvillage.com/videos/mode...



P.S. there are other videos you can watch as well



and trust me I have been dancing ballet and jazz since I was 3!
like Patricia said, there are some really really really complicated stretches that you shouldn't do without supervision cause you could seriously hurt yourself.



just try doing some splits and working on your muscles. and building strong legs and feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin lightening