Thursday, December 10, 2009

Modern and jazz from ballet ?

Heyaaa



I've been doing ballet for a while now and I love it , but I want to become a more well rounded dancer . I've looked into it and decided that modern and jazz are my favourite forms ( after ballet of course ! =P ) and I was wondering would modern be too hard for me because ballet is all about defeying gravity and modern is all working with gravity ( It about working with gravity right ? ) . I'm willing to work hard of course but I've heard some people who do both say that it's impossible to be devoted to alot of diffrent styles of dance because your body has become used to moving a certain way . So do you think I should try jazz and modern or do you think my preformance in ballet would go down so I shouldn't try it ? Thankyou x x



Modern and jazz from ballet ?secure browser



being well rounded is a very good thing. i think you should try modern jazz. and about the way your body is used to if u preactice enough it wont make a difference. i know cause im in ballet and pointe and then i joined poms. it took a while to get used to it but after a couple weeks its fine.



Modern and jazz from ballet ?home theater opera theater



well i do ballet modern and jazz and modern has a little bit of both in it so it would probably work out fine you just have to get used to it!!



%26lt;33
well modern is totally the opposite of ballett, ballett is very restricted and rule like while modern is very free and out there. if you are looking to expand in dance I would definitly look at modern. I'm doing modern right now and I love it. i had never done it before and i instantly took a liking to it since it's so free and expressive. its an aweosme way to relax too.
I should do them all.



I did modern for 3 years and then chaged to ballet, ive been doing it two weeks and my techer says i have natural movement in ballet.



So if you do ballet and you move to modern you should be okay. but it will be faster than ballet.



x
if you're worried about modern, don't take it. There's many many many other courses you can take, I also do jazz and tap besides ballet. Jazz may be a little hard, because it's not turned out some of the time, many of the things are in parallel. Tap is fun too. There's also lyrical (really pretty style), and other dances. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin lightening