Friday, December 4, 2009

Ballet or hip-hop?

I've been doing Ballet with a pre-professional company for 5 years and I've been stuck in the same dang level with girls that are younger than me for 3 of those years. I just got my pointe shoes and there are some older girls that are dropping out next year. I don't want anything to do with ballet when I get older, but I like to perform onstage. On the other hand, times are changing. I'm AMAZING at hip-hop or so the people at school say (talent show). And I like hip-hop a LOT more. There's a competetive hip-hop team at my studio, but I know that i I leave the company I will be sad. Any advice on which route to choose?



Ballet or hip-hop?plays



Follow your heart..I would go with hip-hop because you said you were better at it



Ballet or hip-hop?opera ticket opera theater



i would say that you can do both thing you don't have to stop dancing ballet just because u wanna learn hip hop it would be actually better if you can do both thing...
follow your heart and passion, and do what's best for you!
If I were you, I would totally do both! I mean, times change and you could become awesome at ballet and ballet it good for technique and posture that will help you in hip-hop. If you hate it then quit. But I've quit jazz before and now I REGRET IT SO MUCH! So I joined again, but I missed a years-worth of technique!
Hip-Hop. You can perform on stage or do travel dance, that way, you're happy both ways. :D
I'd do bolth.



Actually, I do do bolth.



But yeah, hip hop is definitly diffrent from ballet, and transitioning is hard.
go for both if its possible. if you love both then do both. i myself like hip hop but thats just me. but anyhoo if you dont want to leave the company then dont. if you cant do both then thats a hard one.
Another vote for staying with both! One thing others haven't said is that ballet tends to get very boring until you get on pointe. The beginning stages of pointe are boring too, but by year 3 on pointe (or when you start variations) it gets really fun. It seems that most all ballet dancers around your level seem to burn-out and want to quit. If you can get past that boring stage, you may end up loving it.



Stick to the hip hop too because you love it and it's great fitness and keeps your musicality too.



Happy dancing!
do what you like best if you dont enjoy ballet anymore dont do it



i personally love ballet its so beautifull and you have more chance going pro in it than hip hop but just do what you love which by the sounds of it is hip hop just make sure you wont regrete it and if your en pointe i would defo do ballet but thats just me

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin lightening